Let me share with you one of my favorite replacement drinks for hot coffee in the mornings. The Cold Brew Smoothie- A Coffee Lovers Recipe.
If you have tried Cold Brew Coffee but just want a more nutritious option that can give you some extra morning boosting, then you should give this recipe a try.
Its an easy breakfast option that won’t have you skipping a meal but will also give you that caffeine boost first thing.
- Coffee– freshly brewed coffee is the best (that has cooled)
- Banana – I use a whole banana, but you can use half. Riper = sweeter
- Peanut Butter – I don’t always use but it tastes great
- Vanilla– vanilla extract helps make it sweet
- Protein Powder – I use chocolate for the flavor
- Milk – personal preference, but almond milk is good!
- Ice – helps the smoothie be thicker
For this one, I didn’t add peanut butter because I just didn’t want it but you can add it if you like. Almond milk would make a tasty substitution for regular milk and give it a rich flavor.
Decaf is another option if you just want the taste without as much caffeine. Just remember that decaf doesn’t mean there is no caffeine in your brew, just less.
Optional Ingredients to Add In:
- Flax Seed
- Unbrewed Coffee Grounds
- Other Fruit (strawberries, blueberries)
Adding in some un-brewed coffee grounds can give you all the benefits of the coffee bean that could get diluted during brewing and add some extra texture to your smoothie.
If you aren’t a banana fan, you can use other fruits or the rolled oats idea. Greek yogurt also can replace the banana.
When you get all your ingredients together you will need a high-speed blender. You will put all the ingredients you choose in the blender and blend it until its smooth.
If it ends up being too thick when you are finished blending, you can add more coffee or more milk to thin it out. If it ends up being too runny, you just need to add some ice and blend it again.
Tip: You can freeze the brewed coffee to cut down on the ice you use. This will make it less watered down. You can use leftover brewed coffee from your morning pot to do this.
- Coffee Maker
- 1/2 cup Brewed Coffee
- 1 Banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Ice
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 scoop Protein Powder I use chocolate
- 1/4 tea Himilayian Sea Salt
- 1/8 tea Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Flax Seed optional
- Peanut Butter
- Chia Seeds
- Add all the desired ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth
- Serve and Enjoy!
Reasons you should drink a Coffee Smoothie
Coffee has so many health benefits. Not only does it make you feel energized but it has many other amazing qualities.
- high levels of antioxidants and nutrients
- decreases the risk of some diseases
- burns fat
- increases your performance
- increases your mood
- black coffee has 1 calorie
This is my favorite recipe for a cold brew coffee smoothie. It is so delicious, you should defiantly try one today! I added my own special flair to this one and you can too, by experimenting or adding different varieties of coffee.
Its an easy breakfast drink that you can have ready in minutes. You can also make ahead of time and freeze.